Pittsburg State University, Pittsburg, Kansas Class Photo 1909
Class Photo from a postcard. Mailed in 1909.
The school started out as Auxiliary Manual Training Normal School, originally a branch of the State Normal School of Emporia, and was probably known by that name when this photo was taken.
In 1913, it became a full-fledged four-year institution as Kansas State Teachers College of Pittsburg, or Pittsburg State for short. In 1959 its name was changed again to Kansas State College of Pittsburg. It became Pittsburg State University in 1977.
The names of the students in the photo are all unknown.
Click "original" below to enlarge the photo.